The Jefferson Scholars Foundation has announced the winners of its 2023 faculty awards. Six faculty members were recognized for their exceptional teaching and received awards totaling $35,000.
Sarah Turner, a professor of Economics, Education, and Public Policy, is the recipient of the Foundation Faculty Prize.
Two faculty received the Hartfield Teaching in Excellence Award:
- David Green, Materials Science and Engineering
- Rachel Letteri, Chemical Engineering
Three faculty received the Award for Excellence in Teaching:
- Megan Bray, School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Karen James, College of Arts & Sciences, French
- Lauren Simkins, College of Arts & Sciences, Environmental Science